LanguageUK accepts and is fully insured for all liability arising out of loss, damage, injury, sickness etc caused by LanguageUK employees of their negligence.
In the case of lost or stolen property, whether taking place inside or outside premises hired by LanguageUK, LanguageUK is only liable is such property has been entrusted to a responsible LanguageUK member of staff.
LanguageUK requires the agent to demonstrate that the Client(S) is (are) adequately covered by insurance against any risks that could occur during the whole period of their programme, including travelling to and from their place of origin. Neither the agent nor the client shall have any claim against LanguageUK in the event that insurance coverage is inadequate. LanguageUK cannot be held responsible for any loss or injury caused to any person associated with this agreement. The agent hereby undertakes to make the client aware of this clause.
Parental consent for individuals who are under 18 years of age
The agent will be responsible for making sure the parental consent form is read and signed by the parent/guardian of each junior student under the age of 18 authorising their attendance on the course.
LanguageUk shall not be responsible for unforeseeable circumstances that may disrupt or terminate the clients or agents contract and right to study. This includes but is not limited to: civil war, war between nations, insurrections, strikes, riots, fires, floods, explosions, earthquakes, serious accidents, any act of government, governmental priorities, allocations, regulations, or orders affecting materials or facilities, acts of God or the public enemy, failure of transportation, epidemics, H1N1 (Swine Flu), quarantine restrictions.
LanguageUK retains the right to cancel courses, merge or close tuition classes or arrange tuition classes in the morning or afternoon depending on client numbers.
LanguageUK reserves the right to change the accommodation of the client at short notice, as the need may arise, to accommodation of an equivalent standard. The client shall have no right to compensation in such an event.
LanguageUK will not extend courses free of charge if the client shall be absent for any period during the course. Late arrival does not entitle the client to any extension without payment of the appropriate fee.
Accommodation fees are non-refundable after the course has commenced. Full accommodation fees will apply even if the accommodation is cancelled.
Rules and regulations
By attending the course, the students and their representatives agree to abide by local laws and by the regulations of the school. In an event of serious miss-conduct LanguageUK maybe required to and reserves the right to withdraw the student whose behaviour is inappropriate, unsatisfactory or whose continued presence is undesirable. Under these circumstances no refund shall be due in respect of any unused portion of a LanguageUK course. It will be the responsibility of the agent to arrange alternative accommodation and travel for clients who have been removed from a LanguageUK course, including all young learners on our winter/summer courses. Any damages committed by a student must be paid for by that student in full.
Consumption of alcohol is not permitted on-site by students of any age. Drug-taking or possession of drugs will result in dismissal, with no refund of fees. Bullying will not be tolerated. Fire escapes are for emergency use only.
Under no circumstances, without the host consent, must a student take photos inside the house and use these photos on social media including Facebook, Whatsapp, snapchat, Instagram, twitter and any other social media application. This is a serious invasion of privacy.
GDPR準拠: GDPRの目的は、ますますデータ駆動型の世界では、プライバシーおよびデータ侵害からすべてのEU市民を保護することです, したがって、LanguageUKは、新たな法律を満たすために、このような措置を適用しています.
アクセス権のGDPR: Part of expanded rights of data subject outlined by the GDPR is the right for data subjects. 当社は、個人情報のいずれもサードパーティの企業と共有されていないことを確実にすることができますし、できなくなります決して.
忘れ去られるGDPR権: また、データ消去として知ら忘れされる権利があります. あなたの詳細を削除する場合, 私達に連絡し、我々はあなたの詳細は、当社のデータベースから削除されますを確認しますしてください.
Junior Groups only
- The minimum age for students at LanguageUK and who are part of a group is 13. LanguageUK must be notified at the time of booking if any of the students are under 13 years old. Group leaders will be required to share the same host with any student under the age of 13 years.
- Unless agreed at the time of booking, LanguageUK does not place individual students in shared rooms with students from a different school group.
- We only move students if we feel the circumstances are correct and in an emergency. Students or leaders cannot decide for themselves that they want to be re housed before consulting with the accommodation officer.
- In both Broadstairs and Faversham we have designated welfare officers who are in charge of any accommodation moving and any welfare issues.
- Students will be accommodated in pairs, groups of three and sometimes groups of four when hosts with large houses are available.
- All information regarding any supplements such as dietary requirements, allergies and special needs must be sent to LanguageUK by the agent prior to the arrival of the group.
- LanguageUK will require proof of any allergies by way of medical certificate, doctor’s note or letter from parents.
- All arrival and departure of groups must be on a Saturday /Sunday. We do not accept weekly arrivals or departures. For groups staying for six nights, we will accept a Monday arrival.
- All students must arrive and depart at the same time. In the case of any groups with more than one arrival and departure, extra transportation fees will apply.
- It is the agents responsibility to ensure that all group leaders travelling with the groups must provide police certificates of suitability to work with minors.
- Emergency contact numbers and passport numbers must be obtained by the agent and sent to LanguageUK before arrival.
- Consent forms must be sent back to LanguageUk before arrival.
- Under no circumstances, without the host consent, must a student take photos inside the house and use this photos on social media including Facebook, Whatsapp, snapchat, Instagram, twitter and any other application. This is a serious invasion of privacy.
- All group leaders must be a fit and proper person to be allowed unrestricted access to junior students. The group leaders and agent representatives are responsible for the safety and well-being of the students during any activities arranged by themselves and not part of the LanguageUK programme.
- All Leaders must be present to supervise student behaviour during breaks and lunches (refer to the schedule for times). Please ensure that they leave the canteen area clean and tidy.
- Leaders are required to ensure that Abbey School’s and East Kent College no smoking policy is observed. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on school property, including the roads leading up to the premises, and near the foot-bridge.
- In the case of student sickness, LanguageUK should be informed at the earliest possible opportunity. If a student has to remain at home due to sickness and an adult member of their host family is unable to stay with them, it is the responsibility of the group leaders to ensure that the student is not left alone.
- If a student has an ongoing medical condition, the group leader has the responsibility of ensuring that said condition is properly taken care of. LanguageUK and its homestay hosts will not be able to take any liability.
- LanguageUK must be able to account for the students’ whereabouts at all times. LanguageUK should be notified if groups intend to organise their own activities (the organisation of such activities is strongly discouraged as students will be busy at all times and this will interrupt the programme). The group leaders and agent representatives are responsible for the safety and well-being of the students during any activities arranged by themselves and not part of the LanguageUK programme.
- Leaders are strongly encouraged to communicate with students in English during the programme.
- The agency must ensure that all group leaders accept and adhere to LanguageUK guidelines.
- Group leaders are responsible for organising a walking taxi home from the activity evening if required.
- Homestay hosts are not responsible to the collecting and dropping off the students throughout the week unless they offer.
- Group leaders must share a room when required.
Parental consent form for juniors
The agency will obtain a signature from the parent/guardian of each junior student authorising their attendance on the course. By signing up for the course the parents/guardians are automatically granting permission for the student to attend all activities organised by the school. As stated in the itinerary.
- The agency will obtain a signature from the parents/guardians to allow the school to act “in loco Parentis” when having to administer prescribed medication or when dealing with a medical emergency.
- Any student who has an infectious disease in the three weeks prior to the course start date will not be accepted on the course.
- LanguageUK takes no responsibility for medical emergencies arising from non-disclosure of current medical information.
LanguageUK will provide the agency with information such as contact details and student booklet. The agent will ensure this is passed onto the students or the school to be printed out and brought to the school by the students on the first day of the course.
LanguageUK client commitment.
This agreement sets out the terms under which both parties will work together to promote, recruit for, and deliver English Language Courses in the United Kingdom. Both partied recognise that the primary objective of their co-operation is student satisfaction, and that effective representation requires close collaboration based on the highest professional standard.
In the event that a customer wish to complain about any aspect of the service provided by LanguageUK the complaint should be made in the first instance to the Head of Juniors. In the event that the matter is not resolved the customer or agent should make a complaint in writing to the director of the school. Such complaints are investigated in full by LanguageUK and are always taken seriously and replied to in detail.
If you are still not satisfied with the resolve to your problem by our members of staff, you may also contact: The Chief Executive English UK 219 St John Street London EC1V 4LY Tel: +44 (0) 207 608 7960 Fax: +44 (0) 207 608 7961 Email: email@example.com Web: www.englishuk.com
Next review September 2019