Intensive English Course – 23 hours of class per week
|Days of the Week||Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
|Monday to Thursday||09:30 to 12:45||14.00 to 16.00|
|Friday||09:00 to 12:15||afternoon free|
|Morning break 11:00 to 11:15 each day|
During the mornings you will be allocated a class according to your level of English. We will always send you the entrance test prior to your arrival unless otherwise instructed. Our teachers will use a course book that follows a sequential approach to grammar and vocabulary learning. They will also use a number of other resources and materials either in text form or from a selection of media including the internet, radio and television. You will be given the opportunity to:
- Improve your knowledge of grammar
- Learn new vocabulary through speaking, listening and reading
- Be exposed to and take part in conversation to improve your fluency
- Focus on your writing skills, looking at different types of written text and register
- Practise your pronunciation including individual sounds, stress and intonation
- Consolidate what you have learned through regular review activities
Approximately 1 hour of homework will be given to you every day. If you are a long term student, you will be given a test on a regular basis so that you can track your progress.
Courses start every Monday throughout the year and the maximum class size is 10.
Courses are either of one- or two-week duration and can be tailored to meet the requirements of participants.
While studying on our courses, you can expect to:
- Become familiar with modern English usage
- Gain practical ideas which can be adapted to different teaching environments
- Brush up on existing teaching techniques and skills
- Learn about modern British culture and current affairs
- Socialise and exchange ideas with other teachers.