Notes for Parents and Guardians of students under 18:
LanguageUk cater for mainly students over the age of 18 on our Adult courses. Whilst we welcome students over age 16 please note that we do not provide 24 hour supervision and therefore very important that parents and guardians consider whether their under 18’s are emotionally mature and can act responsibly during their stay with us.
- All students under 18 years will be accommodated in homestay where the main carer will have an enhanced DBS check (Disclosure & Barring Service) and other adult members will have signed a Suitability declaration check.
- Your child will travel between the school and to the home stay host unsupervised. The home stay host and the school will show them the best route.
- Your child will not be supervised during their free time.
- LanguageUk has designated times for students under 18 years old to return to their homestay in the evening. This information can be found on the Parental form and Disciplinary form which will be filled in by yourselves at the time of booking.
- The school has a social programme and is not compulsory, or necessarily designed for this age group. Some activities are not suitable for under 18’s. We do however aim to provide a number of after school and evening activities which are suitable for under 18’s. All activities are run by our social organiser and a team of staff. However, please note that students attending the evening activities are expected to arrange their own way home. We do advise all students under 18 to return to their home stay in a pair or by taxi. In the summer at LanguageUk we employ a designated person to oversee that all under 18’s return home safely. On Saturdays we arrange day trips out to places such as London, Dover Castle and we also arrange walks, visits to festivals and a lot more. We actively encourage our younger students to attend.
- Please ensure your child has sufficient money to pay for lunches, travel and evening activities such as the cinema, meals out and more.
- We advise students age 16 to 17 to pre- book either the shuttle service with Airport Connections http://connections4you.net/shuttle-service/booking-enquiry/ which operates out of Heathrow and Gatwick or our designated taxi service which we can book direct. If you are travelling in a small group then we would suggest a taxi to be the best service for you.
- LanguageUk will liaise with parents, guardians and agents whenever there are any concerns about a student under 18.
- Medical consent form, Parental Agreement must be completed and sent back to us at least 4 weeks prior to arrival.