Learn English and socialize in Broadstairs, Kent
The social programme is a key element in the student experience at LanguageUK because language and culture are so closely connected. An enjoyable stay in Broadstairs is the result of a successful language course and a carefully planned events calendar in which everyone can take part.
LanguageUK offers a diverse social programme to encourage you to learn English outside the classroom. We encourage you to take part in a number of social events and also join clubs where you can meet local people. We are happy to arrange tailor-made trips for you to enjoy either on your own or with others.
Students will be informed each Monday of events and trips available during the week. Dates, prices and times of activities vary according to the number of students wishing to attend, the time of year and what’s happening in the area.
- Day trips to London, Canterbury, Oxford, Cambridge, and Dover Castle and so on…£15.00 to £35.00
- Film nights either at the school or at the local film society- free or up to £6.00
- Restaurant or pub evenings- approximately £5.00 to £15.00
- “Cook ins” at the school – £5.00 plus
- Theatre nights in the local theatres- £10.00 to £20.00
- Visits to galleries- usually free but sometimes a small fee