Who the course is for
This course is perfect for:
- Students in their final years of school and who are starting to think about their future in further education, and are interested in literature, history, philosophy and perhaps the classics
- Students who are already taking English Literature modules as an option at school and who wish to complement their studies with this course
- Students who love books and reading
- Students who don’t love books and reading – we might be able to change this!
During the time of booking LanguageUK will send you a list of modules (please see below for a brief outline).
Classical and Contemporary Literature Literary Discussions L1 Chaucer and the Canterbury Tales L6 What Makes Great Literature? L2 Understanding Shakespeare L8 The novel in the 18th and 19th Centuries L3 A Romantic Poet – John Keats L9 Modern English Drama L4 Charles Dickens – A Social History L8 Understanding Poetry L5 Mark Haddon: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time L9 World Literature in English
Based on a needs analysis, you can then select which modules you would like your students to cover during their stay with us. If you would like us to cover a specific project related to the work you are doing at school and that isn’t included on the list below, then we can help with this also. Once we have discussed your programme in detail, we will then send you the timetable.
We can provide your students up to 25 hours’ tuition in class per week
We can tailor this course to your requirements. Please contact me for an initial consultation (click onto to form)
Prices vary according to the number of pupils attending and their requirements. Please contact us and we will be able to assist you with this.
Activities and social programme
Young adults do not want to be treated as children or even juniors! It is for this reason that we offer the course at a base fee per student (homestay accommodation, transport and tuition). We will send you a list of possible activities and trips and this will also include the supplement fee for each student. You get to choose your excursions according to your group.
Our choice of activities does include:
- London with or without guide
- A trip to the theatre or a film related to the course (subject to availability)
- Some historical sites
- A night out in a restaurant
- Invited speaker to give talks
- And much more…………….
- Pre course needs analysis and consultation between LanguageUK and the school
- A course timetable tailored to the needs and requirements of each school
- 20/25 hours per week of tuition in a class size of up to 10 students maximum
- Pre-designed student handbook
- Airport transfer
- Homestay accommodation – half board including breakfast and evening meal
- Group leaders – Free
- Opportunity for the leaders to join an English class (subject to availability)
What’s not included?
- Activities and trips
- Any supplements (such as special dietary requirements, for example)
We can give you a base price based on the number of students you wish to bring and the number of days you wish to stay. Please contact us.