We would like to encourage your students to make progress in their English language skills through building an understanding of the performing arts; developing technique, confidence, imagination, teamwork and individual expression along the way. Our English with Drama course is given by professional Drama instructors as well as English Language instructors.
Who Is the course for?
This course is perfect for:
- Students who are naturally shy, perhaps a little inhibited – some of the activities on this course might help the students to gain more confidence
- Students in their final years of school and who are starting to think about their future in further education, and are interested in performing arts , theatre, literature, history, philosophy and perhaps the classics
- Students who are already taking Drama modules as an option at school and who wish to complement their studies with this course
During the time of booking LanguageUK will send you a list of modules (please see below for a brief outline).
Based on a needs analysis, you can then select which modules you would like your students to cover during their stay with us. If you would like us to cover a specific project related to the work you are doing at school and that isn’t included on the list below, then we can help with this also. Once we have discussed your programme in detail, we will then send you the timetable.
We can provide your students up to 25 hours tuition in class per week.
D1 Performance and theatre skills D5 Fluency-based activities D2 Skills to build confidence D6 End of course performance D3 Use English to express yourself Choice of plays:
• Grimm’s Fairytales
• Hans Christian Anderson Fairytales
• Alice in Wonderland
• Lost Bard (A play where Shakespeare as a child is taken into the worlds of The Tempest, Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Macbeth).
D4 Engage in English text and scripts
Prices vary according to the number of pupils attending and their requirements. Please contact us and we will be able to assist you with this.
Activities and social programme
Young adults do not want to be treated as children or even juniors! It is for this reason that we offer the course at a base fee per student (homestay accommodation, transport and tuition). We will send you a list of possible activities and trips and this will also include the supplement fee for each student. You get to choose your excursions according to your group.
Our choice of activities does include:
- London (with or without guide)
- A trip to the theatre or a film related to the course (subject to availability)
- Some historical sites
- A night out in a restaurant
- Invited speaker to give talks
- And much more…………….
- Pre course needs analysis and consultation between LanguageUK and the school
- A course timetable tailored to the needs and requirements of each school
- 20/25 hours per week of tuition in a class size of up to 10 students maximum
- Pre-designed student handbook
- Airport transfer
- Homestay accommodation – half board including breakfast and evening meal
- Group leaders – Free
- Opportunity for the leaders to join an English class (subject to availability)
What’s not included?
- Activities and trips
- Any supplements such as special dietary requirements for example
We can give you a base price based on the number of students you wish to bring and the number of days you wish to stay.