Many of our families choose homestay accommodation, all staying together with one of our hosts, with breakfast and dinner included. There is also a self-catering option if you prefer. Another option is to rent your own private apartment or holiday house, or to stay in a hotel or B & B (bed and breakfast). We are more than happy to help and advise you when you are choosing your own private accommodation.
Who the course is for
- Families and carers with children who would like to take a study holiday together
- Anyone from the age of 3 and above.
*Please note that all children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Course Structure for Adults
Adults study at LanguageUK on either a standard course (17 hours a week) or intensive (23 hours a week). The maximum class size for adults is 8 in the morning and 10 in the afternoon. The minimum course duration is 1 week.
Course option for younger learners 6 to 15 years
LanguageUK is a school for students of 17 years plus. When we receive families, the adults take a course with us and the children and young learners take their courses with one of our private tutors at their house. The tutors are all qualified English teachers and have DBS checks (criminal record check which is obligatory to work with children). Our tutors are all local and will meet you at the school on the Monday morning.
Morning Tuition lunch Afternoon excursion or activity 9.00 to 12.00 12.00 to 13.00 13.00 to 16.00
Levels and ages
We would not mix children who have advanced and beginner levels and we try to put the children into small groups according to their age. Most of the children and young learners who have studied with us before are elementary to intermediate level. The maximum class size is 4. Our courses are not academic in that the children would not be covering mountains of grammar and vocabulary in the normal classroom environment. However, for the older children we do include some formal instruction. We do not test the children and our aims are not to re-create the same classroom environment the children might be used to back home. Having said this, our class aims and objectives are as follows:
- To give the children the opportunity to take part in a total English immersion programme where the language used by the tutor during the breaks, between the classroom activities and outside the actual class instruction is equally as important.
- To present and provide interesting projects, with topics for the children to participate in and where they will learn vocabulary and grammar usage through the practice of authentic activities. These activities could include: Cooking, shopping for food, projects on historical places visited during the afternoons, keeping a diary, playing games and so on.
- To have fun but learn at the same time. We want the children to return back to their country having had a positive and memorable experience.
The course will include
- 15 hours’ English tuition in a very small group per week (maximum of 4 per class)
- All course materials
- Lunch every day
- Afternoon activity programme every day joining some of the other groups until 4.00 pm including all travel and entrance costs
- End of course certificate
Option for the very young children
A private child minder
For young children we can arrange for a child minder who is a qualified child carer and takes care of children under the age of five in her own home. Both child minder and home are inspected before. A child minder would offer the children a home environment with a small group of other children. The child minder will also provide lunch.
A private child minder
For young children we can arrange for a child minder who is a qualified child carer who takes care of children under the age of five in her own home. Both child minder and home are inspected before. A child minder would offer the children a home environment with up to just 5 other children. The children take part in organised play will be in good care. The child minder will also provide lunch. We are happy for you to visit the home with the child minder on the Monday morning before school starts. The child minder is very close to the school and we are in contact with her throughout the day.
For prices click on “View full price list” button on the right of this page. Please contact us to discuss your family course in detail.
Registration Fee: £50 per family.