Our training courses are tailored to the individual needs of each company. Once we have received your enquiry, we will contact you directly to discuss your programme. We will then send you a proposal with the outline of the training programme.Our training courses can take place:
- At our school in the UK
- At your workplace
Who the course is for
- Anyone whose work requires them to speak in English.
- Working professionals/academics who need to prepare for a presentation.
- Companies who offer CPD (continual professional development) and would be interested in one of our tutors visiting and giving a short course to their staff at an affordable price.
Presentation skills in English
Many students who have come to us need to develop and practise their presentation skills. Good presentation skills can contribute to the success of a wide range of situations both professional and academic. Take a look at the list below to see if what you do at work requires presentation skills in English:
Do you have to present any of the following?
- Financial reports to the head office of your company.
- New products or services to your International sales representatives.
- New products or services to prospective clients.
- Research findings to students or employees.
- New developments within the company.
- Strategic aims and changes to employees and representatives.
If any of the above relate to what you have to do in English, then please contact us and we may be able to help you. To present successfully a student needs to focus on a number of English language and personal skills.
Here is an example of some of the skills you may need to develop:
English skills Personal skills 1 Pronunciation – Learn how effective pronunciation can change the way your audience reacts to you. 1 Confidence – Giving a presentation in your own language can be frightening! We will look at ways to build your confidence and trust in yourself and your ability. 2 Vocabulary – When to use and when not to use certain words/phrases . Capture your audience with the right words! 2 Organisation – Giving a presentation is difficult enough in another language as well as having the your technical resources in order and ready to use . 3 Accuracy – You are probably repeating the same errors all the time. We will let you know and look at how you can avoid these errors in the future. 3 Method – How will your presentation be delivered? Direct, via SKYPE, video conferencing? The method you use will impact on your presentation. 4 Simple public speaking techniques – We will teach you some of this which will help you to deliver your presentation in the most effective way. 4 Non-verbal communication – If you are presenting to a multi-national audience, then the way you look, you body language and eye contact is important. What is and isn’t acceptable is a cultural issue. The staff at LanguageUK are used to working with people from all over the world and might be able to offer some very useful advice here.
|3 days to 1 week||Price on Request|