The procedure is as follows:
- You or your company contact us for private, individual English tuition.
- We telephone you or your company directly and carry out an in-depth needs analysis.
- We send you an entrance test to complete before you begin your course.
- We then send you or your company a proposed course syllabus including results of error analysis from the test.
Who the course is for
These 1-to-1 courses are designed for students who wish to make rapid progress and who need specific training for professional or academic reasons. The course is also perfect for students with very little English knowledge. Each course is specifically-designed to meet the requirements of the individual, and the language level ranges from Beginner to Advanced.
Private Tuition is available full-time or can be combined with the Standard English course as an afternoon option.
Previous Courses with private students have focused on the following:
- IELTS preparation for university or the medical profession
- Presentation practice in preparation to give a seminar or talk at a sales conference
- Help with academic writing, particularly for MA students
- Technical report writing
- Helping Beginner or Elementary students to progress faster.
Private Tuition Price per week 17 hours tuition £600 23 hours tuition £810 6 hour private option and Standard General English- 1-2 weeks £455 6 hour private option and Standard General English- 3-10 weeks £445 6 hour private option and Standard General English- 11-16 weeks £435
Booking Fee £50.
All course materials and extensive pre-course preparation are included in the price.
Days of the Week Morning Session Afternoon Session Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 12:45 14:00 to 15:30 Friday 09:00 to 12:15 afternoon free Morning break 11:00 to 11:15 each day
Private tuition at LanguageUK focuses on the specific needs and requirements of each individual student.
The items below are some of the topics covered on past courses:
- Presentation skills including awareness of audience, speech delivery, appropriate pronunciation and use of intonation, and effective use of language
- Writing emails
- Using the telephone effectively in business
- Vocabulary development in specific professional areas such as English for finance, English for marketing and sales
- Business meetings in the multi-national board room
- Networking and socialising for work
- IELTS for the medical profession
- IGCSE English practice
- Writing essays for the IB
- Preparing for the TOLES exam
Our tuition fees include:
- All tuition
- Monthly tutorial with the Director of Studies for students attending for more than four weeks
- End-of-Course Certificate of Achievement and proof of English level
- Free WiFi access throughout the school
- Free use of kitchen facilities to prepare lunch if required
- University placement advice
- Pre-course interview and needs analysis and course design
What is not included
- Accommodation fee
- Visa letter if required (£50)
- Registration fee
- Bank charges
- Travel and airport transfer
- Examination entry fees if required