We offer a course that combines a two-week English course at our school with two-weeks work experience at a local business.
This course is designed for students wishing to gain knowledge and skills in English for work and to have experience of working and using their English with a local business. THE COURSE IS ONLY OPEN TO EU STUDENTS.
Who the course is for
- anyone over the age of 16+
- those with an English language level of Intermediate and above
- students wishing to gain relevant experience in the English workplace while improving their language skills at the same time.
English with work experience programme Start date No of weeks Fees 19th June 2017 four weeks £590
There is a booking fee of £50.00 on all our courses.
The English and work experience course starts with a two week Intensive English course (23 hours per week) divided into a General English module in the morning and the ‘English Skills for Work’ modules in the afternoons.
Days of the Week Morning Session Afternoon Session Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 12:45 14:00 to 15:30 Friday 09:00 to 12:15 afternoon free Morning break 11:00 to 11:15 each day
Weeks 1 and 2
During the morning class you will study on a Standard General English programme and this includes:
- Review and consolidation of tenses
- Speaking development with emphasis on everyday speaking
- Writing skills development
- Listening for general and detailed understanding
- Reading for detail and overall understanding
- Vocabulary development
- Pronunciation practice
Approximately 1 hour of homework will be given to you every day.
During the afternoon classes you will study the English Skills for Work modules”
English skills for work:
- Module 1 – CV writing and job interview
- Module 2 – speaking on the telephone
- Module 3 – emailing
- Module 4 – soft skills in the workplace
- Module 5 – workplace vocabulary
Weeks 3 and 4
During weeks 3 and 4 you will take part in your work experience programme. The work experience will take place in local charity shops, coffee bars and restaurants. LanguageUK tries to find your work experience in Broadstairs. However, it might be necessary to take a short bus or train journey to either Margate or Ramsgate. You are given a work experience diary and will be visited by a member of LanguageUK staff during the 2 weeks to talk about your progress.
Please note: If you wish to take a 2 week Work Experience course, this may be possible. Please contact us directly.
Our tuition fees include
- All tuition
- Use of course materials
- Personal tutorial with work placement diary and contract
- End-of-Course Certificate of Achievement and proof of English level
- Free WiFi access throughout the school
- Free use of kitchen facilities to prepare lunch if required
What is not included
- Registration fee
- Bank charges
- Travel and airport transfer