Who is the course for
The courses are aimed at students who wish to improve their English for academic or employment purposes and who need an internationally-recognised qualification for their careers. You can choose to take this option at any time of the academic year and you will also have the opportunity to take the exam in the UK if you are taking your course with us during the time of the official exam dates.
Who accepts a Cambridge certificate
- Many international companies – please take a look a the following link: http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/why-cambridge-english/global-recognition
- Universities (CAE and above)
- Teaching establishments
- The medical industry
What levels to I need to study?
PET – B1 Intermediate
FCE – B2 Upper Intermediate
CAE – C1 Advanced
CPE – C2 Proficiency
General English Plus – Intensive Course
15 hours per week General English plus 8 hours per week Cambridge exam preparation
Number of weeks Course Price per week 1 to 2 weeks £245 3 to 4 weeks £235 5 weeks plus £225 General English Plus – Intensive Course combined with 8 hours Private tuition per week in the afternoons
(23 hours per week)
Number of weeks Course Price per week 1 to 2 weeks £565 3 to 4 weeks £555 5 weeks plus £545
There is a booking fee of £50.00 on all our courses.
Visa Letter if required £50 (non refundable)
Intensive English Course – 23 hours of class per week
Days of the Week Morning Session (15 hours per week) Afternoon Session (8 hours per week) Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 12:30 13:45 to 15:45 Friday 09:00 to 12:30 afternoon free Morning break 11:00 to 11:15 each day
During the mornings you will be allocated a class according to your level of English. We will always send you the entrance test prior to your arrival unless otherwise instructed. Our teachers will use a course book that follows a sequential approach to grammar and vocabulary learning. They will also use a number of other resources and materials either in text form or from a selection of media including the internet, radio and television. You will be given the opportunity to:
- Improve your knowledge of grammar
- Learn new vocabulary through speaking, listening and reading
- Be exposed to and take part in conversation to improve your fluency
- Focus on your writing skills, looking at different types of written text and register
- Practise your pronunciation including individual sounds, stress and intonation
- Consolidate what you have learned through regular review activities
Approximately 1 hour of homework will be given to you every day. If you are a long term student, you will be given a test on a regular basis so that you can track your progress.
Courses start every Monday throughout the year and the maximum class size is 8.
You will be given the option to prepare for your Cambridge examination .
Cambridge Exam Preparation
Classes: During this course you will be given the opportunity to:
- Focus on each component in the examination
- Improve your grammar and vocabulary knowledge
- Practise your speaking and fluency skills
- Develop your ability to write the different types and styles of text needed for the examinations
- Learn how to read faster and better in preparation for the examinations
- Understand the techniques and strategies required to pass the examination
- Complete structured exam practice
Approximately 1 hour of homework will be given to you every day. If you are a long-term student, you will be given a test on a regular basis so that you can track your progress.
Courses start every Monday and the maximum class size is 10
Our tuition fees include:
- All tuition
- Free exam practice tests
- Monthly tutorial with the Director of Studies for students attending for more than four weeks
- End-of-course Certificate of Achievement and proof of English level
- Free WiFi access throughout the school
- Free use of kitchen facilities to prepare lunch if required
What is not included?
- Accommodation fee
- Visa Letter if required
- Registration fee
- Bank charges
- Travel and airport transfer
- Examination entry fees if required